Wow! Can you believe that it’s already April? It’s crazy to think that I’ve already been blogging for three months. Blogging is certainly no easy task and I’ve had to teach myself about a lot of random skills along the way. As we enter April, there’s no question that fandom culture has certainly enveloped my life. Although my wallet’s probably crying at this point, I just can’t stop purchasing fandom related merchandise and stumbling upon some incredible organizations and people.
So in the spirit of the spring holidays, I have for you all today my March Favorites: Fandom Style.
Click photos to learn more about associated products
1. SAM SMITH’S ‘RISE’ HOODIE FROM STANDS: I’ve been living in this hoodie this winter and turns out to be one of my favorite finds this month. This winter has been exceptionally long. It’s currently the third day of April and I woke up to snow on the ground. Spring? What spring? So this hoodie has been a godsend. I can’t remember when I last bought a hoodie. Because they’re expensive and I’ve been waiting for the perfect one. From Supernatural actress, Sam Smith’s, RISE campaign with Stands, this hood is so extremely soft and warm. I love the phoenix fire logo and this is just one of many Stands campaign that I’ve supported so far. I also got Misha’s ‘I Wish For This’ bracelet and the Supernatural Women 2018 Calendar.
So hop on over there and check out their campaigns. Shop through this link and you’ll get 10% off of your purchase.
2. ALANA KING: If you’ve been following my blog for a while now then you know all about this lovely YouTuber and Supernatural fangirl. She’s an absolute sweetheart who I had the pleasure of speaking with back in February. She just recently ended her own fundraiser where she raised over $11,000 for To Write Love On Her Arms in honor of Jared Padalecki. She’s only 19 years old!! Extremely inspirational.
3. PANIC AT THE DISCO’S NEWEST SINGLE: SAY AMEN ( SATURDAY NIGHT): If you’re into rock music, you have to listen to this song. It’s Panic’s newest release, only a week old, and is incredible. I had the opportunity to watch Brendon Urie sing it live at his #PrayForTheWicked secret concert in Asbury Park and it’s just so uplifting and hype. It’s been my go-to song for running sprints and I may have spent a few days playing it on an endless loop. No shame.
4. MIKE SHINODA’S POST-TRAUMATIC EP: Last year, Linkin Park suddenly found themselves grieving their frontman, Chester Bennington. Fans around the world grieved as well and wondered about the future of the band. So when Mike Shinoda released an EP in January, I immediately went to check those songs out. And I fell in love.
Shinoda’s been very vocal in sharing his grief with the rest of us and these songs carried the rawness and his reality of grief that can’t really be expressed in words. He released a couple of music videos for these songs a few days ago. Like the songs, they aren’t carefully curated but rather raw and unfiltered. I can’t thank him enough for sharing with us such personal aspects of his life.
5. TV SHOW LIVE TWEETING: This isn’t really an object or person but up until recently, I’ve been a Twitter newb. I use to be a Facebook and Instagram gal, but not anymore. Live Tweeting’s become a bit of an addiction that I’m wholeheartedly embracing. Living at home means that I have no one to watch my TV shows with. Live tweeting helps in creating that sense of community and I love scrolling through everyone’s reactions to certain scenes and moments of a show. Now I don’t have to talk to myself anymore while watching a TV show!!
I can’t wait to discover new organizations and experience more fandom related events. I plan on doing monthly favorites, with each month being a different theme. So let me know what you want April’s favorites to be about?
More fandom merchandise and life experiences though mean more money. So I should probably revisit my finances to make sure I don’t become a broke fangirl. Being a fangirl is expensive and takes sacrifices. But with Fandom University, you’ll learn all the tools to live the fangirl lifestyle cheaply and easily. Make sure you sign up for it below!! I can’t wait to continue this conversation with you.